Canopy of Care - Teen Volunteers
Our Canopy of Care
Our Canopy of Care is an opportunity to expose teens ages 14-17 to the SGMC Healthcare Environment. Whether it is the inner-workings of patient care or the administrative support that establishes foundations and thresholds for Customer Service success. No matter where the placement occurs, all roads lead to an ultimate goal of internal and external customer care. Our program should be viewed as a holistic learning opportunity, a youth empowerment and community service initiative that engages civic and service-minded young people in a variety of mentoring, volunteering and philanthropy opportunities.
Some goals to consider when determining whether you have a desire to immerse yourself in the program would be:
- Opportunity to potentially gain experience with academic medical exposure.
- A chance to work with health-care professionals.
- Assist in providing service to internal and external customers.
- Contributions of work that have an affective impact to performance and results.
- Gain experience working as part of a team.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Complete community service requirements.
- Use volunteer experience on college and scholarship applications and when seeking future employment.
Our application window to participate in the 2018 Canopy of Care Teen Volunteer initiative is now OPEN! If interested in applying for the 2018 Summer term, please click on the “Apply Now” below to be directed to the online application which includes qualifying instructions. Upon submitting your application we will review and be in touch with you after the submission deadline of March 2, 2018. Please ensure you provide us a valid email address on your application as this is how we will communicate your acceptance and any additional documents needed to assist you in continuing in the program. Thank you for your interest in the SGMC Canopy of Care Teen Volunteer initiative!