Quick Links

Do you or a family member need a translator? 
South Georgia Medical Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. South Georgia Medical Center does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. For more information on non-discrimination, click here.

South Georgia Medical Center provides services to people with disabilities and/or to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
Qualified sign language interpreters
Qualified English as a Second Language (ESL) interpreters
Accessible electronic formats 
Literature printed in English/Spanish

For ESL Services you may call 1-229-433-1000 

For TTY Services you may call 1-800-255-0056

If you need further assistance with these services during your stay, or require sign language interpreting, please contact Patient Relations, Patient Advocates at 229-259-4414 or 229-259-4415. If Patient Relations is not available you may request to speak with our House Supervisor for assistance. For patients with scheduled procedures, you may make arrangements prior to your date of admission by contacting Patient Relations.

If you believe that South Georgia Medical Center has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance by contacting our Section 1557 Coordinator, Assistant Administrator of Communications and Public Affairs Johnny Ball, through the following methods: 

By Mail:
Attn: Communications/Public Affairs Administration Office
South Georgia Medical Center, 2501 N Patterson St, Valdosta, GA 31601 

Or by contacting our Communications/Public Affairs Administration Office at: 
Phone: 229-259-4022
Fax: 229-245-2157

You can file a grievance by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, staff members are available to help you. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights electronically through the Office of Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at www.hhs.gov/ocr, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1-800-868-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).